ARE YOU SAVED?
The greatest ignorance in life is to be an unbeliever. From Hosea 4:6a the word of God states that; ‘‘my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge’’.
Salvation is to be saved from the curses that plague mankind and the broken relationship with God as a result of fall of man (see Genesis 3). Adam and Eve committed high treason thereby losing their dominion on earth to the devil. God sent Jesus as the second Adam to redeem the sons of Adam from their sin and to redeem this earth from satans dominion. Therefore, death was through Adam and life through Christ (see Romans 5:12-21).
It’s simple to be saved …
1. Realize you are a sinner
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:” Romans 3:10
“… for there is no difference. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” Romans 3:23
2.Realize you will face judgement because of your sins
“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this THE JUDGEMENT:” Hebrews 9:27
“So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.” Romans 14:12
”And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” Revelation 20:12-15
3.Realize you cannot save yourself
“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; …” Isaiah 64:6
“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, …” Titus 3:5
4. Realize Jesus died on the cross to pay for your sins
“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, …” 1 Peter 2:24
“… Unto him, that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,” Revelation 1:5
5.Simply accept Jesus Christ by faith as your personal saviour” But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” John 1:12
“…Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.” Acts 16:30,31
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
Salvation is trusting and receiving Jesus Christ as your Savior. It’s trusting in the fact that Jesus Christ died on the cross of Calvary to pay for your sins! It’s realizing there is absolutely nothing whatsoever you can do to save yourself and completely trusting in Jesus Christ to save you!
If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal saviour today, you can pray as follows;
Heavenly Father, today, I come to you, I am weak and sinner. I have sinned against you and turned away from you. Forgive me of all my sins, come into my heart. I receive salvation. Thank you, heavenly father, for accepting me in Jesus name. Amen
If you pray this prayer sincerely, you have come to His kingdom and He will give you abundance life.
WHAT TO DO NEXT?
Now that you have been saved bear in mind Christianity is a relationship and a lifestyle. By faith, we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ we become part of the family (the relationship aspect).
The Apostle Paul exalted us that ‘‘Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; (Philippians 2:12 )’’. This is the second aspect of Christianity (Christ-likeness), thus the lifestyle aspect. Do away with the old life and cloth yourself with newness. (see 2 Corinthians 5:17). From 1 Timothy 4:12b ….but set the believers an example in speech and conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
These ten steps will take you closer to God;
- Give yourself completely to the Lord Jesus Christ. Let Him direct your life accord to His will. In this way, you will find true happiness. ‘‘Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. (John 15:4) ’’
- Join and fellowship with a Bible-believing church ‘‘not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:25)’’
- Read the Bible every day. Besides being a light for our way, it is a food for the soul. ‘‘Be like new-born babies, always thirsty for the pure spiritual milk, so that by drinking it you may grow up’’ (1 Pet. 2:2). Ask God to guide and teach you by His Spirit, as you read.
- Come near to God in prayers every day, praying in the name of Jesus, ‘‘don’t worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking Him with a thankful heart. And the God’s peace, which is far beyond human understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with Christ Jesus’’ (Phil. 4:6,7)
- Always obey God. ‘‘Whoever loves me will obey my teaching’’. (John 14:23).
- Speak to others about Christ. ‘‘Go back to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you and how kind He has been to you. ’’
- Try to associate with other believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. ‘‘My commandment is this: love one another, just as I love you.’’(John 15:12)
- In temptation, call on the Lord. ‘‘ He can help those who are tempted because He Himself was tempted and suffered’’ (Heb. 2:18)
- Do not be afraid, for Christ is with you. ‘‘I will never leave you; I will never abandon you.’’(Heb. 13:5)
- If you sin again, confess it quickly to God. ‘‘But if we confess our sins to God, He will keep His promise and do what is right; He will forgive us our sins and purify us from all wrongdoing.’’(1 John 1:9).
Our door are opened to you anytime you wish to contact us.God bless you